From the mcommerce website. Pop-up stores have become more prevalent in recent years and continue to grow in popularity. These short-term retail environments enable customers to experience products firsthand. E-commerce merchants often use pop-up shops to reach new customers and test out a physical retail environment.
Especially in the Big cities have more pop-up shops. Los Angeles, New York, London, Stockholm, and Berlin all have big pop-up retail scenes. The pop-up model is flexible, and there a number of ways to do it. Businesses can partner with an established retailer or gallery owner and rent out a portion of their space. They also typically choose to have a booth at a craft fair, farmers market or other events. It is also common to rent a vacant storefront for just a short period of time. Business owners may choose to sell a wide variety of merchandise or just a small selection.
Because they are small-scale, pop-ups provide an opportunity for business owners to be creative and use innovative merchandising techniques to attract passersby. Pop-up stores are often characterized by an engaging appearance and innovative design. Successful pop-ups combine a good location and retail concept to create an experience that customers will remember.
What are the benefits of a pop-up shop?
- Connect with customers: The pop-up retail format allows you to personally get to know your customers and build stronger relationships.
- Sell more: About 95% of all purchases are still completed offline. This is your opportunity to take advantage of this retail channel.
- It’s cheaper: Launching a pop-up shop is 80% cheaper than a traditional retail store
- Test new markets: Easily enter a new market and launch new products.
What is a branded environment?
According to this research about the pop-up store and branded environment. the quotes from design matter and Rachel Gogos very inspired my project for creating the branding space that fulfils with brand characteristics and working within a well-balanced convergence of the physical and digital.in my opinion branded environments are extremely significant for brands in that they align the physical and digital in a completely unique way to produce a well-rounded brand experience for customers to remember it.
- HQ, I. (2018). WHAT IS A “BRANDED ENVIRONMENT” ANYWAY?. [online] IIDA | Design Matters. Available at: https://designmatters.iida.org/2014/04/18/what-is-a-branded-environment-anyway
- Storefront Blog. (2018). What is a Pop-Up Shop? – Storefront Blog. [online] Available at: http://blog.thestorefront.com/what-exactly-is-a-pop-up-shop
- Trendwatching.com. (2018). [online] Available at: https://trendwatching.com/trends/pdf/2005_02_pop_up_retail.pdf